DOG DAY ACTIVITIES
• Q+A: Get all your dog-related questions answered by the friendly folks of Hawaiian Humane Society.
• Agility course: Test your dog on 3-4 “mini-contact” stations of varying difficulty—including a tunnel, jumps, and a small dog walk—courtesy of HAHA (Hawaiian Agility Handlers Association).
• Pup-up shop: Score some goodies from The Public Pet—including healthy treats—and shop for handmade items for your dog (and you!).
• Adventure Fun Club: Pose your pet for a one-of-a-kind portrait by Dru Santiago!
• Doggy dining: Enjoy lunch with your furry friend at Spalding House Café where Chef Susan Lai Hipp will be serving a special pet-inclusive menu. Seating is limited, RSVP required.
• Picture-perfect pooch: Enter your pup in an Instagram photo contest for a chance to win a prize!
• Collar Charms: Accessorize your pet! Attendees can create a special charm for their dog’s collar using colorful tassels and beads.
• Hawaii Pet Portraits: Remember the day forever with a photo and “memory book” of your dog! Photo packages also available for purchase.
DOG DAY RULES
• Only well-behaved, leashed dogs are welcome.
• Dogs must remain on leash and be accompanied by an adult at all times
• Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior will be asked to leave the premises
• Attendees must be mindful of the art and remain behind stanchions or barriers. If none is present, attendees and leashed dogs must stay at least 4ft away from sculptures at all times.
• Owners are responsible for their dogs, and must pick up and dispose of pet waste at designated areas.
• Upon check-in, the owner will be given a wristband and a museum staff member will explain the rules of the event.
• Dogs are welcome in the following areas only: Lawn areas as indicated by markers and a map available at the event, and outdoor Café seating.
To protect the art, dogs are not allowed in the galleries. K-9 Secret Service will be providing the dog valet. Owners can leave their leashed dog with a trained staff member from K-9 Secret Service before entering the exhibition.